Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Think about it... Getting paid... For swag!"

 It's a wonderful concept!! I could make millions!!!... Hahaha ok... Maybe not millions...
Thank you, Lina, for a topic, title, and introduction to my next post!

Everytime I post my new "Swagbucks" earnings, I get some interesting comments from some people, so I shall explain the concept and the benefits of Swagbucks.

I originally found the site when a friend from college posted their Swagbucks earning on Facebook with the caption: "Two-thirds of the way to earning my Wii!" Earning a Wii? With virtual bucks? Bucks that swag? It definitely caught my attention, and I quickly signed up for an account.

What it is and How it Works
Swagbucks (SB for short) are virtual currency (or points, however you want to look at it). You can redeem your swagbucks at the Swagbuck Store. They have a wide varity of items to "purchase," from desktop backgrounds to gift cards to game consoles. They also have "Swagstakes" which allows you to "buy" an entry with your swagbucks into a sweepstakes. Obviously, the "bigger and better" the item you want to purchase is, the more Swagbucks you will need to save up. It takes time to accumulate a large amount of SB; I would say 10 SB is the average number you win/earn during an average sitting (depending on how much effort and time you put into earning them). I have my eye set on a xBox 360; I think my future husband will appreciate having one when we get married in August. :]

So, how to earn your "SB." Because there are many opportunities to earn swagbucks, I'll just give a basic list to make it a little easier:

  • Use the Swagbucks search engine to search the internet (you earn/win SB after a random number of searches).
  • Watch Swagbucks TV. Some videos give instant SB, others you have to watch several to get the swagbucks, but if you enjoy watching short clips and videos you will like this aspect. 
  • Participate in the daily poll.
  • Take the site surveys .
  • Play the site games.
  • Take advantage of daily deals and specials.

(In the near future I will post some hints about earning Swagbucks without having to spend13 hours a day online.)

There are many more ways to earn. One of which is a referral system (don't be scared, it's not a triangle business scheme). One way to get referrals is this: whenever you earn Swagbucks you are given the option to post the news on Facebook (and I think other sites too). If someone you know clicks on your link and signs up, you get credit for them signing up, making it a win-win situation for everyone-- Swagbucks gets more members and we get more Swagbucks. SOOOO, if you decide to sign up for an account..... click my link below,  por favor! :D

Search & Win

2 comments: