Monday, February 21, 2011

Addicted to.... Vistaprint

*Originally written on February 16. Reposted Today (obviously)*

After checking the tracking number online about 15 times, it finally came. My order from Vistaprint arrived around noon today. It's kind of sad how excited it made me, but it did. It made me excited for these two reasons: half of the order was Thomas' Valentines Day gift and I was happy because I got everything for "free."

I discovered Vistaprint last summer when I was meticulously searching the internet for free wedding invitation samples. Vistaprint was one of the site that not only sent free invitations, but they were also very nicely presented in a folder. I am assuming that I must have signed up for their email mailing list (I can remember if it was at that point I signed up or later), because one day in November when I was looking for "Save the Dates," I came across an offer that would open a can of worms for me. One hundred f r e e postcards. I jumped on it as fast as I could (picking out the style and wording took a while because I can be a bit indecisive) and placed my order only paying about $6.50 for the slowest shipping option. I was so proud of myself. Soon after that I placed another order with another 100 Save the Dates, 140 return address labels, and 10 Christmas cards and envelops... all for "free," shipping came out to be a little over 10 bucks. Vistaprint is pretty smart. I get emails with an "exclusive" offer for more free products every couple of days, and every time I read the emails my mind begins to race trying to think of what I could order and what I could use each specific item for. Although I do have to pay for shipping, I still feel that the "free offers" I get from Vistaprint are pretty good, that's why I continue to buy.

I felt like I was opening a Christmas present today when I opened my third order from Vistaprint. This time I had gone all out. I ordered 10 free products (the limit of free products you can order at one time) and shipping came out to be around $36 ( I chose a quicker shipping option this time). I had the option of selecting a free magazine subscription or to get a $20 rebate. The option to get the rebate was in the "fine print" and I had to print and fill out a rebate form to mail in along with a printed copy of my order. I haven't recieved the rebate yet, it should take 6-8 weeks, but if they follow through, I will only end up paying around $16 for my items. :D

Now, to discuss what I ordered!

Thomas' Valentines gifts: I ordered a mug that has a red heart clip art and is personalized with "Monique loves you." I noticed during this order that Vistaprint was getting a little stingy. Only select styles were available for free, and to remove the small "www.vistaprint.com" from the back of the mug would have cost extra too (I chose to leave it there and today I looked, it's tiny, barely even noticable). I also ordered a t-shirt that said "Property of Monique, XXL" (again only select styles were available; I'm not that cheesy unless money is involved ;] ); lastly, I received a personalized notepad with his first and last name. I will wrap the gift items in the morning and give it to him tomorrow night (I know, two days late, I should have ordered a few days earlier).

Now my stuff! I decided to to take advantage of the 250 business card pack. I decided to use them for my registry cards to put in with my wedding invitations. Speaking of which, I also got 10 wedding invitations with matching envelopes; I wanted to test them to see if I thought they were good enough quality to  be used for my actual wedding invites in the future (they are really nice and I have decided to consider them ;] ). I got a stamp with my parents name and return address on it (to stamp the RSVP envelopes), a car magnet that says "Just Married," some personalized notecards, and a pen with my name on it. The last item I ordered was a banner for my brother's upcoming high school graduation this May. I was so happy with everything I got; very nice quality, on everything.

Like I mentioned earlier, Vistaprint is smart. My package was filled with 25% off coupons and included one pamphelet full of  M O R E  free items. I wrote a list of things I would like to order in the future and included alternate ways to use the items. So, I will probably be ordering another package full of free things. I don't think I will get another $20 rebate, but that okay, the savings I get from ordering the items at 100% off still makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment